A HUGE thank you to Ceridwen of Illuminating the Fool’s Mirror for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award (and for being my first blogger friend!!)! She centers on several things that I personally think get overlooked, and has a huge focus on lifting up those in the community around her. She covers different mythical creatures, mythology, and her commentary always bring up points I have never thought of before. It’s always the highlight of my day when I get a notification of a new Ceridwen post. Thank you again!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
- Do you prefer pens or pencils?
If I get to be as overly specific as possible, I prefer gel pens. I like the way they write, and even if I smudge them from being an impatient lefty it’s still legible. Pencils are just kind of bleh. They’re a weird color, and the thicker the lead is the uglier it looks.
2. Name a bird that sings near me
To be honest there there are so many birds around me that sing. My house is located in a ravine, so I’m surrounded by birds. I literally wake up every morning to birds singing. There is a robin though that likes to try to come in through my sliding door everyday and I named him Stanley specifically.
3. Do I prefer tea, coffee, or water?
Water all day EVERYDAY! Also tea, but that’s only if the water tastes weird, or I drank so much that day that I’m bored.
4. Which of these views would I rather have outside my window? An ocean, a misty mountain, a sunny meadow, or a bustling city?
I would hardcore prefer the ocean! I live next to a lake, so I love water, and the smell of the ocean is one of my favorite things (ignoring the fact that I’m terrified of drowning…an the ocean).
5. What do I do when it rains?
NOOTHING. Rainy days means napping with my dog curled up next to me.
6. Do I write posts ahead of time or publish the day I write?
Hahaha…well. I’ve been one of those bad lazy bloggers. I would randomly get on, write 2-3 posts, then disappear again for weeks, or even months. I’m trying to rectify that however, and write posts ahead of time. That way I can spend more time just browsing and having fun.
7. How often do I remember my dreams?
I always remember the dream I had when I just woke up. So depending on how many times I wake up in the night I can remember anywhere from 1-3. I think that’s because I wanted to be super cool as a child and made a dream journal. It’s kinda fun to remember them, until I realized how many times I dreamed of a giant lobster taking over the world 😅
8. If I could visit any planet what would it be? Fictional planets are allowed!
My immediate answer was Pluto. But then I started trying to determine if it’s still considered a dwarf planet or not, or if I should even pick a dwarf planet. But child me would be completely OFFENDED if I changed my answer. So it’s officially Pluto.
9. Do monsters exist?
YES. Not what kind, that’s a tough one. I think lots of monsters exist, and we refuse to accept them as we get older, because we see that the only true monster in this world are humans.
10. What do I give people?
Waay to many words. I don’t ever stop talking. I try to comfort them, entertain them, literally anything with words. But more importantly, I give them my time. My number one love language is quality time, and that’s what I do for people. I will just sit with them, spend all day everyday with them, because that’s how I show I appreciate them.
11. What do people give me?
My questions for you:
- Are you a morning or a night person?
- What’s a place you’ve always wanted to go (in the world, or fictional)?
- What are your current TV shows?
- What was your childhood dream?
- What is your favorite type of weather?
- Do you write posts ahead of time or publish the day you write?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- What is one thing you could not live without?
- What’s your favorite part about having a blog?
- Hot or iced coffee?
- Who/what is your inspiration?