Hello hello my little featherlings! Happy (super duper late) new year! Also peep the new colors! Do you like?
It’s been quite the month so far. I did want to give a little I’m sorry for disappearing. To be honest, I took another (accidental but much needed) hiatus.
Over the last few months, I haven’t been reading much, and what I have been reading I haven’t been enjoying. Everything had been very much so meh, and I was just going through the motions. Not to mention I wasn’t happy with this blog. So I just left.
But I’m back! Not everything I post will be book content to be 100% transparent, but I’ll try my best. We’re 22 days into 2022 and I’ve read 1 manga. So not much to talk about. I already decided I’m not going to even entertain the idea of posting reviews for the books I haven’t yet. I will if I feel like it, but the unneeded pressure is not productive. This blog was meant not be fun, not an obligation I abandon when it’s annoying.
Since I left here’s a little recap:
- I started a new job in a new city in October
- I moved in October (and will probably be moving again here soon)
- Started crocheting (I’m attempting a temperature blanket)
- Unhauled 30 books (patiently waiting to be brought the a free library)
- I read a total of 61 books in 2021 (including 7 DNFs)
- My average rating for the year was a 3.6 (my worst ever (other than the years where my only reading was for school)
- Debating buying Pokemon Arceus
- Finally decided I will NEVER read A Little Life by Hanya Yanigahara
And I think that’s about it! But I’m glad to be back, and to start writing things again. I will hopefully complete a book this weekend, two is my top top goal, but at least one. I’ve been reading The Keep of the Night since November, so I’d like to finish that. I’m also going to start Shiver, the Junji Ito short story collection and I KNOW I’ll finish that rather quickly.
What about you guys? How’s your year going so far, anything super great happen? And most importantly, did you miss me? lol