Act Your Age, Eve Brown ARC Review

Image result for act your age eve brown

Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

**Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for this advance copy**

Synopsis:

Even Brown has always jumped from job to job. Always leaving when things start to get rough, but she has always told herself it was okay because it wasn’t the right path for her. But now Eve is 26, and her parents are forcing her to grow up. She must hold a job for a year so she can prove she’s a certified adult. In response, Even runs away from her emotions and straight into Castell Cottage, a quaint Bed and Breakfast, and thus straight into the life of always in control Jacob.

My Thoughts:

This is the third Brown sisters book, and I’m not quite sure if I should give this book heart eyes or a crying face because it’s over. I want ALL of Talia Hibbert’s books (I stand by my tweet I sent her saying I’m trash for all of her books). I have read all three of these in an increasingly short amount of time. I read Eve Brown in two sittings. Like 20% one day, and the other 80% the next. I loved every word Hibbert put on the page.
There’s so much I loved about this book, and nothing I didn’t. So I promise I’ll try not to gush TOO much, but I’ve never been good at reeling myself back.
First and foremost, I love Eve. She is so unapologetically herself, while also being unsure. In the previous books, we get Chloe and Dani, both of whom have no issues being unsure, but Eve hides her uncertainty behind her smiles and job-hopping. It’s something I can personally relate to, so I greatly appreciated it. I even love that she would quit the jobs she was doing even if she was good at them, just because she didn’t love it. I think that is an aspect people need to implement more. Just because you’re good at something doesn’t mean you have to do it! Eve also has more guts than I could ever hope to have, and I love that. She wears what she wants to wear, she calls people out on things without fear, and she takes care of those around her. She is the perfect antithesis to Jacob. It was such a fun refreshing read, and I enjoyed her perspective on everything. Her stubbornness mixed with Jacob’s had me in full fits of giggles, and me dying to read more. Eve is a fantastic protagonist. And she is even amped up with Jacob, while also amping him up as a character. It was beautiful.
I also feel like I must add that the steamy scenes were immaculate. It’s what I was searching for in the previous romance books I read. I want some arguments, some steam, some funny parts interspersed, I loved them all (is that inappropriate to say?). Needless to say, I’d give the steam 10/10.
The previous characters popping up in various parts of the story is another part that I loved, and honestly, that makes me appreciate Hibbert’s book so much. It’s so fun to see the family show up, especially since it proves how much family means to the Brown family. Show me don’t tell me they’re close!! Thank you, Talia Hibbert! This book also has a scene that solidified my love for Red. He somehow has jumped up to be my favorite of the significant others, and I don’t know how.
But overall, I love that this book takes all sorts of topics and makes them normal. Because they are normal things, but people either don’t think about them. And communication is so nice and refreshing in books. Also, I now have high hopes of finding a significant other that will give me a grand gesture to show me their love. So thanks again, Talia Hibbert. I will read anything you write.

Would I recommend:

YES! If the lack of things I didn’t like didn’t let you know, or the love I have for everything, or the (2? 3?) thank you’s to Talia Hibbert herself didn’t tell you, what will? READ IT. Along with her other books!

9 thoughts on “Act Your Age, Eve Brown ARC Review

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

Create your website with WordPress.com
Get started
%d bloggers like this: